Consumers take the wheel: New product co-creation
Nutritional beverage and supplements brand was developing concepts in-house and wanted to gather feedback from consumers to ensure their innovation is driven by both core subscriber consumers and current nonsubscribers to continue delighting loyalists, as well as attract new consumers to the brand.
Over the course of two weeks, subscribers and nonsubscribers of the brand recruited from Curion’s proprietary database participated in online, co-creation exercises via our Digital In-Context platform.
- Product was shipped to participant’s homes
- Introductions were made and experiences were shared using the
brand’s products and similar, competitive products in the market
- Product usage moments were shared via video show-and-tells
- Built and sketched ideal powder and RTD products with self-narrated videos to explain
- Reacted to and discussed concepts viewed via a shared link
- Up to 5 subscribers and non-subscribers of the highest interest were selected to participate in live sessions for deeper dives with our moderator
With insight from current and new users of the brand, the client was able to identify and optimize the most appealing new product concepts. The research prototypes became new innovative SKUs that are increasing repeat subscriptions and loyalty.
Daily wellness, fitness goals, and gaps in diet are the primary reasons consumers turn to supplements
Consumer innovation was driven by desire for convenience and/or solving packaging pain points
Two flavors stood out as most popular, but in general the flavor intensity should be light
Consumers like the idea of being able to customize their own supplements and meal replacements, however, they need simplified options and more education on benefits
The ‘try before you commit’ to a full bulk pack that is driving packaging design